How to pack a shoebox?
1. Find a shoebox (or shoebox sized plastic bin with lid) NOTE: There are some left over OCC cardboard boxes (limited stock) that will be available this coming Sunday.
2. Choose age range (2-4, 5-9, or 10-14) and gender (boy, girl, or both) for gifts.
3. Purchase your gift(s) and go online to make your $9 shipping donation per box. Print your barcode labels before November 19th.
NOTE: Make shopping for OCC a small group event or shop with a group of people! Definitely include the kids to participate in picking out gifts. Plan a dinner before or after!
What to pack?
1. LSCC will be providing general communal items and school supplies: pens, pencils, erasers, pencil sharpeners, colored pencils, crayons, soap & toothbrushes. **TOOTHPASTE AND ALL TYPES OF CANDIES ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED due to the customs regulations**
2. See this link for suggestions on what to pack that is not provided by LSCC. e.g. toys, books, socks, flashlights, etc.
3. Include a personal note/photo of your family in your box. LSCC postcards will also be available for writing notes this coming Sunday. LSCC photo cards will be available on Pack & Send Day.
Pack & Send November 19th
1. Bring all your boxes and gifts to service on Sunday, November 19th.
2. Lunch will be provided after service to fuel your energy in preparation to pack those boxes.
3. Stations will be set up to pick up LSCC provided items. Please look for signs that will indicate what items should be included based on the age group you choose to pack your box for.
4. Pack, wrap, eat, pack some more, stick your label on, PRAY and drop off your completed boxes to a designated location.
5. If you've got a little time on your hands after, help us out with clean up or driving the boxes to the drop off location nearby.